Understanding more of who I'm made to be!


We're now 2 months into this whole parenting thing, and it's definitely been a ride that I know we've have only begun. Ruby was born on the 23rd of April, and she's growing so quickly. Though I couldn't quite figure out what it meant to be a mom at first, the Father is teaching me day by day in such a way that I can't identify myself in any other way. I'm not just talking about nursing, changing diapers with the spit-up and poop that accompanies those things! I'm referring to the way the Father is teaching me more about himself and his love for me as I grow as Ruby's mom. If you have children, either born to you or adopted, you know that the love you have for that child is unconditional and cannot change - actually it just continues to grow as the relationship grows. Regarldless of the way they fuss, we love our children. This is the way God loves us, and it has been sweet to reflect on that recently. I can't do anything to either earn or diminish his love for me. Despite my sinfulness and all the ways I neglect Him and His truth, He just loves me because I am his adopted daughter through Christ Jesus' sacrifice.

If you've been a Christian for sometime, it's easy to forget the steadfast love of the Lord that last for all eternity. We can get into habits of trying to do good, loving and serving God and others, all the while forgetting to enjoy the one who is the source of this love and desire. In the past 2 weeks, the Father has reminded me of the lost, dead place he rescued me from, the spiritual family he's given me, the husband and daughter he's given me, and the blessing of being called to be a wife, mom, and an ambassador of Christ in his kingdom. The joy, peace, and love from this understanding cannot be quenched. If you have never been a Christian, this is the love you've always longed for but never found. Only God can love like this, and only when we come to Him, the source, can we love others sacrificially and unconditionally. This is love, not that we love but that God first loved us (1 Jn 4:10).

I love watching my daughter grow and discover who she is and who I am. Is this not also the heart of the Father who made us and created us for Himself, to enjoy Him and worship Him forever? Thanks be to God the Father for loving us more than we deserve and more than we could ever imagine that He would send His only Son to die on the cross in order to pay the price for our sins (death).

I thank God, my heavenly Father, for giving me the blessing of my daughter and for using it to help me know more of who He is. Hope you are blessed by this post!

Popular Posts